Determination of arable lands suitable for cultivation of different kind of agricultural plants in Cheyranchol area of Shamkir district and implementation of engineering-topographic works of the same areas was given to “CASPIAN GEOMATICS”. In this regard, bilateral contract was concluded in November 01, 2018.
The south of the project area are the left coasts of the Kur river. Shamkir and Yenikend water barrages are located at the same coasts. The general area belongs to Cheyranchol plain and the feet of Palan-token range. Desert and semi-desert plants prevail in Cheyranchol area.
The central part of the area is partly plain, but moving towards edges of the area (towards all poles) elevation increases and this elevation difference fluctuates within certain intervals (100-150 m and etc.). Therefore, the surface structure of the project area is assessed as changeable. Wolves, foxes, grey rabbits, field mice, partridges, Caucasus ulars (special type of pheasant), dears, jackals and etc. exist in the project area.
Purpose of the project and issues to be solved
Purpose of the project was determination of arable lands suitable for cultivation of different kind of agricultural plants in the area and implementation of engineering-topographic works in the same areas. Large-scale topographic works have been implemented in the area. The main goals with respect to implementation of topographical works in the project area covered the followings:
- Determination of arable lands suitable for cultivation within allocated land areas for agricultural activity and implementation of comprehensive topographical works in the same areas.
- Making 1:5000 scale topographic plan of the area.
- Determination of locations for installation of 6 benchmarks (Rp) in the allocated area and implementation thereof.
- Performing survey works on condition that distance between points is 25-50 m.
Note that solution of issues on the project area based on the concrete methodology. In accordance with the methodology, except engineering-topographic works risk assessment has been implemented, dangerous criteria determined and serious HSE policy applied. Other issues arising from that have been solved. Consequently a 44-pages Report has been prepared. Mainly the following issues have been implemented within the project:
- 6 geodesy reference points have been installed in the area.
- Topographic survey of all area has been done.
- Up to a 50 – slope and indexes more than this one of the project area have been determined.
- Digital mapping has been implemented in accordance with sloping indexes of the project area.
- Arable areas suitable for cultivation have been determined and mapped.
- TIN and 3D model of the project area have been installed.
- Hypsometrical map of the area relief has been done.
- 1:5000 scale topographic map of 8,000 hectare area has been made.
- GIS of the project area has been installed.
All rights reserved. www.caspiangeomatics.com