Our company has a wide range of hydrographic survey services:
Bathymetry / Side Scan Sonar / Multibeam / Single-beam / Underwater video / Level & depth measurements / Modeling / Laser scan survey
Thanks to our experience, we measure depths in both artificial and natural water bodies. Our approach depends both on the depth and other criteria, and on the methodologies used. When we work in shallow water and in depth, we adhere to a very strict HSE policy. It should be noted that our employees have both international HSE certificates, and at the same time have been trained in model courses of the International Maritime Organization (https://www.imo.org/). Our staff consists of certified specialists in Elementary First Aid, Personal Survival Techniques, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, as well as Personal Safety and Social Responsibility. We have applied our Bathymetry and SONAR (Side Scan Sonar) research in many areas and have extensive experience in this area. We have carried out bathymetric and SONAR (Side Scan Sonar) surveys with different purposes. Generally, SONAR surveying work is used specially with the purpose of determination of structure of area relief where oil, gas, water, power lines will be laid, underwater objects which will make an obstacle for laying them, technical condition of the existing pipelines and their point of intersection, structure of the relief for accommodating hydraulic facilities, hard rock projections, as well as obtaining acoustic images of sea floor relief. At the same time, SONAR surveying work is widely applied for implementation of submarine analysis of beaches.
As a rule, navigational and geodetic parameters, as well as ship configuration parameters, should be taken into account in SONAR and bathymetry surveys. Such work is always carried out, and this is mainly related to the use of the type of vessel, depending on the location of the project area or project object in different areas of the sea. The investigation area may be in a shallow or deep zone. In this regard, depending on the type of vessel selected, navigation and other issues are always reviewed.
As a methodological approach, a layout of our object on a project area is prepared in the initial stage. Directions of tacks to be gone for a ship or a boat are determined. Before start of SONAR survey, in the view of equipment safety areas where limited movement are available are analyzed. Then, overlapping zones are reviewed. If any underwater object is observed during SONAR survey, its size is calculated based on a special program and interpreted. Sizes of observed underwater objects are written and the same objects are mentioned on a map with a coordinate in a form of point. These sizes include length, width and height. Underwater communications are mentioned along a line as is done for an acoustic image. In case there are gaps at the bottom side of pipes, their length and height from the ground up to the pipe are presented on a map. But hard rock projections are fixed in the program in the form of points, after interpretation it is contoured over a map with coordinates Parts of basements that are underwater or its broken sides are warned on a map with certain marks. Consequently, if there are relevant wastes on bottom relief, inventory map of objects are prepared. At the end, we submit a report to a Client The report provides thorough explanation of applied methodology with regard to both bathymetry researches and results of SONAR survey, used equipment, maps and models that have been prepared, inlaid images and etc. At the same, time we submit to a Client risk evaluation schedule, Emergency Situations Plan and Health Safety and Environment policy prepared based on a site visit carried out in advance.
Bathymetric and SONAR surveys provide the following results:
- Find out dangerous zones and underwater objects for safe movement of different purpose ship and boats
- Searching sunken underwater objects
- Identification of potential dangerous underwater objects
- Erection of underwater bottom relief model
- Fixing profiles in accordance with the model and calculation of volume
- Classification, inventory and mapping of underwater objects
- Inlaying acoustic images
- Bathymetry mapping, making 2D and 3D models
- Shipwreck location
- Sediment Classification
While working offshore and onshore conditions, the existing safety rules on geodesy are strictly obeyed. Namely owing to our HSE policy we face no incidents during work process. Methodically, HSE officers carry out risk assessment on a project area as a result of which all expected probabilities of danger are minimized. Consequently, safe implementation of work is ensured. As a procedure, specialists initially visit a project area and preparing the necessary documents submit them to a Client.
Depending on geographical location (concerns to coastal areas) and depth of water different methodologies can be applied in a project area. This is called integrated application of different methods. Usually due to shallow areas in coasts (beach zones), it is impossible to use echo sounder completely in such kind of zones. In this case tachometric or GPS survey methods or aerial survey methods are used. In accordance with short steps bathymetry of shallow areas are made. Then, other areas are surveyed based on single-ray and multi-ray survey.
We have hydrographic services on other water objects as well. These objects can include river and lakes, water reservoirs. We can speak about application of LIDAR systems over this issue. Sometimes, different aerospace materials are used as well. Usually these methods are widely applied in study of delta, analyze of flooded areas during flooding, researching of meander rivers, calculation of losses caused by disasters and etc. It should be noted that as bathymetry work implemented in seas, there are some methodological approaches in rivers as well. But HSE policy usually remains unchanged, evaluation of risks are implemented in any case and other necessary steps are taken.
Above-mentioned issues cover brief explanation of methodologies applied during bathymetric and SONAR survey services carried out by CASPIAN GEOMATICS.
SOME OF THE SIMILAR PROJECTS WE HAVE DONE
- Implementation of Bathymtric survey in the delta and on the basin of the Caspian sea https://caspiangeomatics.com/implementation-of-bathymetric-survey-in-the-delta-and-on-the-basin-of-the-caspian-sea/
- Implementation os SONAR (Side Scan Sonar) and Bathymetric survey on the Caspian sea basin https://caspiangeomatics.com/implementation-of-sonar-side-scan-sonar-and-bathymetric-surveys-on-the-caspian-sea-basin/
- Performing Bathymetric investigation in southern coasts of the Caspian sea http://caspiangeomatics.com/performing-bathymetric-investigation-in-southern-coasts-of-the-caspian-sea/
- Performing Bathymetric survey in local areas on basin of the Caspian sea http://caspiangeomatics.com/performing-bathymetric-survey-in-local-areas-on-basin-of-the-caspian-sea/
- Performing Bathymetric survey in offshore territory of the Caspian sea http://caspiangeomatics.com/performing-bathymetric-survey-in-offshore-territory-of-caspian-sea/
- Boyukshor lake remediation project Phase 2 – Engineering and Supervision http://caspiangeomatics.com/boyukshor-lake-remediation-project-2/