Technical inventory (77 km) / Topographic surveys / GIS / Engineering Geological surveys / Mapping / Hydrogeological surveys / Soil laboratory services.
Contracts were signed between CASPIAN GEOMATICS and French company SOFRECO and regarding the implementation of topographical surveys and technical inventory, geological and hydrogeological surveys on the “Preparing Irrigation and Drainage System Development in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic”.
“Preparing Irrigation and Drainage System Development in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic” was one of the successful projects in NAR of Azerbaijan. The purpose of the project was to improve the functionality of the irrigation and drainage system to increase agricultural productivity.
The purpose of the project, the current situation assessment of the main canals, technical inventory works on the canals. At the same time, topographical survey of the Bananiyar canal and installation of benchmarks were the upcoming issues. Besides, conducting geological and hydrogeological surveys, as well as performing soil laboratory investigations and conducting chemical analysis of samples taken. These investigations belong to the main goals.
Issues resolved within the framework of the investigation:
- Firstly, technical inventory of the main canals Bananiyar, Garachug and Arpachay (right and left canals).
- Secondly, performing topographic surveys on the Bananiyar canal, and creation of a large-scale topographical map of the canal.
- Installation of temporary and permanent benchmarks on the Bananiyar canal, performing GPS static surveys, and leveling works.
- Preparation of longitudinal and cross section profiles of the Bananiyar canal.
- Creation of 3D Digital Elevation Model (DEM) of Bananiyar canal.
- Carrying out complex engineering-geological and hydrogeological surveys on the investigation area.
- Preparation of actual data and geological maps, engineering-geological maps, chemical composition maps, groundwater mineralization rate maps, groundwater depth maps.
- Drilling of observation boreholes and engineering-geological exploration boreholes, as well as excavation pits in the investigation areas.
- As a result, taking disturbed and undisturbed soil samples, conducting soil laboratory investigations, and carrying out chemical analysis of samples.